Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- One reason Michigan's same-sex marriage case could be a bigger deal than you think
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Jennifer is a reporter on the State of Opportunity project. She previously covered arts and culture for the station. She was also one of the lead reporters on the award-winning education series Rebuilding Detroit Schools, and series editor for Culture of Class, which looked at social class and its impact on our daily lives. Before joining Michigan Radio in 2005, Jennifer was a producer at WFUV, an NPR station in the Bronx.
Her stories have won numerous awards, including a national Edward R. Murrow for her series on NYC’s subway system. She was named Young Journalist of the Year by the Detroit chapter of Society of Professional Journalists in 2007.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Michigan and received her M.A. from Fordham University. When she's not on the radio, she's hanging out with her husband and working on her tap moves.