Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
- Do we judge people on the way they speak?
- Getting rid of a juvenile record is now easier in Michigan, but you should still probably read this
- How does Michigan stack up when it comes to child well-being? Are you sure you want to know?
One of the best questions we hear from State of Opportunity listeners is this: what can I do to help?
We bring you the toughest issues facing children and families in Michigan and you want to step up to make things better.
We're going to help you help others by providing a list of organizations and other resources.
If there's an organization or individual you heard about on a State of Opportunity story, please contact us for further information.
Volunteer Michigan part of the HandsOn Network, the Michigan Community Service Commission, and the Volunteer Center of Michigan. Click here to go to the Volunteer Michigan site and search for volunteer opportunities by keyword and location.
Webinars for parents, caregivers, and educators!