Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Do we judge people on the way they speak?
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
- Getting rid of a juvenile record is now easier in Michigan, but you should still probably read this
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Families & Community
Wed September 19, 2012
State of Opportunity wants sounds of growing up
Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity is looking for sounds and stories about raising babies and toddlers.
We’re looking for baby sounds, toddler sounds, and thoughts from parents about milestones and happy and proud moments.
If you've had a child who started out life in the NICU and is now thriving, or if you are just a typical worried parent that meets every achievement with a smile and a little sigh of relief.
It’s easy for you to record these sounds yourself through your phone or computer. Just read through our SoundCloud cheat-sheet and let us know if you have questions and when you're done.
If you can't record this way we might be able to come to you.
If you’re interested contact Sarah Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org 734-763-0538. And, thanks.
Share your story