Most Active Stories
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- If you build a youth music program, they will come
- How to get people off state assistance: "Just giving someone a job doesn't solve their problems."
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- What's a more convincing basis for funding early childhood education: fear or societal benefits?
Fri February 8, 2013
Special call-in show on pre-kindergarten education
As part of our State of Opportunity reporting project, Michigan Radio's Jennifer White hosted a special, hour-long call-in show examining the importance of pre-K education.
Guests of the show included Governor Rick Snyder, State Senator Roger Kahn, economist Tim Bartik, and Susan Broman, Deputy Superintendent of the Michigan Office of Great Start. The show explored why pre-K education matters for Michigan's most vulnerable kids, the economic impacts of early childhood education, and how the issue affects the state's future.