Most Active Stories
- A tiny town in Ohio tried paying kids to do better on state tests. Guess what happened.
- Should we flunk third graders who can't pass a standardized test? Here's what the research says.
- 'A clean, well-lighted place' for Detroit kids to go after school
- Four tips to help folks move up the economic ladder
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
Fri February 8, 2013
Special call-in show on pre-kindergarten education
As part of our State of Opportunity reporting project, Michigan Radio's Jennifer White hosted a special, hour-long call-in show examining the importance of pre-K education.
Guests of the show included Governor Rick Snyder, State Senator Roger Kahn, economist Tim Bartik, and Susan Broman, Deputy Superintendent of the Michigan Office of Great Start. The show explored why pre-K education matters for Michigan's most vulnerable kids, the economic impacts of early childhood education, and how the issue affects the state's future.