Most Active Stories
- Infowire: Getting high-quality mental health care for kids in Michigan depends on where you live
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- Teaching black kids about the police: "They have legal authority to kill you."
- Rethinking mentorship: Let the kid find you instead of the other way around
Fri February 8, 2013
Special call-in show on pre-kindergarten education
As part of our State of Opportunity reporting project, Michigan Radio's Jennifer White hosted a special, hour-long call-in show examining the importance of pre-K education.
Guests of the show included Governor Rick Snyder, State Senator Roger Kahn, economist Tim Bartik, and Susan Broman, Deputy Superintendent of the Michigan Office of Great Start. The show explored why pre-K education matters for Michigan's most vulnerable kids, the economic impacts of early childhood education, and how the issue affects the state's future.