Most Active Stories
- 11 years before Ferguson, there was outrage in Benton Harbor. Have things changed?
- In a Michigan classroom, immigrants learn about English and acceptance
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- Which schools are Michigan's most innovative? You tell us
Mon March 4, 2013
How do you think wealth is distributed in America?
This video blew my mind. A few friends posted the video on Facebook, and I finally got around to watching it this morning. It's a quick six-minute piece about wealth distribution in the U.S. - what people think the wealth distribution looks like, what people wish wealth distribution looked like, and the reality of what wealth distribution looks like in this country. The disparity between reality and what folks perceive to be the ideal is staggering. I want you to watch the video with this question in mind: How sustainable is this system of wealth distribution?