Most Active Stories
- A tiny town in Ohio tried paying kids to do better on state tests. Guess what happened.
- Should we flunk third graders who can't pass a standardized test? Here's what the research says.
- 'A clean, well-lighted place' for Detroit kids to go after school
- Four tips to help folks move up the economic ladder
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
Mon March 4, 2013
How do you think wealth is distributed in America?
This video blew my mind. A few friends posted the video on Facebook, and I finally got around to watching it this morning. It's a quick six-minute piece about wealth distribution in the U.S. - what people think the wealth distribution looks like, what people wish wealth distribution looked like, and the reality of what wealth distribution looks like in this country. The disparity between reality and what folks perceive to be the ideal is staggering. I want you to watch the video with this question in mind: How sustainable is this system of wealth distribution?