Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Do we judge people on the way they speak?
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
- Getting rid of a juvenile record is now easier in Michigan, but you should still probably read this
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Mon March 4, 2013
How do you think wealth is distributed in America?
This video blew my mind. A few friends posted the video on Facebook, and I finally got around to watching it this morning. It's a quick six-minute piece about wealth distribution in the U.S. - what people think the wealth distribution looks like, what people wish wealth distribution looked like, and the reality of what wealth distribution looks like in this country. The disparity between reality and what folks perceive to be the ideal is staggering. I want you to watch the video with this question in mind: How sustainable is this system of wealth distribution?