Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Detroit kids go to camp to do things they can't do in the city
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
- How does Michigan stack up when it comes to child well-being? Are you sure you want to know?
- Getting rid of a juvenile record is now easier in Michigan, but you should still probably read this
Wed June 5, 2013
A high school senior walked into a storytelling booth...
What do you get when you put a super-sturdy laptop, a faux vintage microphone, and J.W. Sexton High School students together? Compelling perspectives from newly graduated seniors on their future plans. We took the State of Opportunity storytelling booth to Sexton a few weeks ago. Just like high school, each story is a rare and heady combination of typical teenage milestones and very tough adult lessons.
Scroll through the slide show to hear each student's individual story (best viewed in Google Chrome).