Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- What is the State of Opportunity project?
Wed June 5, 2013
A high school senior walked into a storytelling booth...
What do you get when you put a super-sturdy laptop, a faux vintage microphone, and J.W. Sexton High School students together? Compelling perspectives from newly graduated seniors on their future plans. We took the State of Opportunity storytelling booth to Sexton a few weeks ago. Just like high school, each story is a rare and heady combination of typical teenage milestones and very tough adult lessons.
Scroll through the slide show to hear each student's individual story (best viewed in Google Chrome).