Most Active Stories
- A tiny town in Ohio tried paying kids to do better on state tests. Guess what happened.
- 'A clean, well-lighted place' for Detroit kids to go after school
- One school's fight against 'nature deficit disorder'
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- Making a list, checking it twice: Books we read, like, want to read and want to like
Wed June 5, 2013
A high school senior walked into a storytelling booth...
What do you get when you put a super-sturdy laptop, a faux vintage microphone, and J.W. Sexton High School students together? Compelling perspectives from newly graduated seniors on their future plans. We took the State of Opportunity storytelling booth to Sexton a few weeks ago. Just like high school, each story is a rare and heady combination of typical teenage milestones and very tough adult lessons.
Scroll through the slide show to hear each student's individual story (best viewed in Google Chrome).