Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Muskegon Heights schools were in trouble. Then the district made history. Twice.
- Detroit kids go to camp to do things they can't do in the city
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
- How does Michigan stack up when it comes to child well-being? Are you sure you want to know?
Share your story
Tue September 18, 2012
Directions for using SoundCloud to send your story
To use SoundCloud you’ll need to use your computer or your smartphone. And, you'll need something to say. Tell us your story or answer these questions we're always curious about.
Here are the computer instructions:
1. Go to www.soundcloud.com
2. Sign in to make your own account (it’s free) or push this button to use ours (you’ll need Flash or Google Chrome if you use ours).
3. Click on the red “record button”
4. When a little box pops up asking if you’ll allow Flash click “allow.”
5. It’s recording! Just speak into your microphone normally. Introduce yourself to us. Play your sound back and listen. Start over if you need to.
6. Pick a title and click upload or submit.
7. Share it with State of Opportunity by labeling it #stateofopportunity
8. THANK YOU!
If you’re using your smartphone
1. Download the SoundCloud App (it’s free)
2. Click on the red “record button”
3. It’s recording! Just speak into your microphone normally. Introduce yourself to us. Play your sound back and listen. Start over if you need to.
4. Click upload.
5. Share it with State of Opportunity by labeling it #stateofopportunity
6. THANK YOU!