Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How we're failing to stop, or even see, modern slavery in Michigan
- For kids in foster care, what doesn't make it into the plastic bag can really matter
- Here's what one foster family does to help make life a little easier for kids in care
- The safety net for young people aging out of foster care is a fantasy
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Dustin Dwyer is a reporter on the State of Opportunity project, based in Grand Rapids. Previously, he worked as an online journalist for Changing Gears, as a freelance reporter and as Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter. Before he joined Michigan Radio, Dustin interned at NPR's Talk of the Nation, wrote freelance stories for The Jackson Citizen-Patriot and completed a Reporting & Writing Fellowship at the Poynter Institute.
In 2010, Dustin left journalism to be a stay-at-home dad. Now that his daughter Irene is turning two, he's happy to be back at Michigan Radio, where there are far fewer temper-tantrums.