Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Infowire: Getting high-quality mental health care for kids in Michigan depends on where you live
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- Rethinking mentorship: Let the kid find you instead of the other way around
- Teaching black kids about the police: "They have legal authority to kill you."
Dustin Dwyer is a reporter on the State of Opportunity project, based in Grand Rapids. Previously, he worked as an online journalist for Changing Gears, as a freelance reporter and as Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter. Before he joined Michigan Radio, Dustin interned at NPR's Talk of the Nation, wrote freelance stories for The Jackson Citizen-Patriot and completed a Reporting & Writing Fellowship at the Poynter Institute.
In 2010, Dustin left journalism to be a stay-at-home dad. Now that his daughter Irene is turning two, he's happy to be back at Michigan Radio, where there are far fewer temper-tantrums.