Call us. We'll be here at 3 p.m. with some amazing people
Today at at 3 p.m State of Opportunity is having a call in show on Michigan Radio. Tune in or stream it live.
Our focus will be on structures and policies that make it hard for Michigan's children to get ahead. What's keeping us from understanding the lives of low-income families? And what policies are keeping the cycle of poverty going.
You can join the conversation about poverty, privilege and political power with local and national experts. Here's the crew that we'll be talking with:
- Doak Bloss, Health Equity and Social Justice Coordinator at the Ingham County Health Department.
- Erin Currier, Director of the Economic Mobility Project at the Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Linwood Cousins, Director and Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University
- David Callahan, Senior fellow at Demos and co-author of the report, Stacked Deck.
- State Rep. State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, representing 6th district SW Detroit.
Call in with your questions (866-255-2762) or email us in advance (email@example.com