Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- What is the State of Opportunity project?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
Fri September 6, 2013
In the Story Booth: why don't guys like ZUMBA?
The Corner Health Center in Ypsilanti is a place adolescents and the children of adolescents can get affordable, high quality health care. Staff and patients at the Corner are featured in this story about why more Medicaid-eligible teenagers in the state aren't getting signed up.
We also took State of Opportunity's story booth to the clinic this summer to talk to teenagers involved in a summer fitness program called "Turn the Corner."
The stories are full of honesty, humor and a fair amount of well-deserved teenage skepticism. Listen in to Josh Cornett, Desiree Trim, and Reyannah Nelson Chambers share stories about body image, guys who like ZUMBA, and society needing to give teens the benefit of the doubt.
This audio postcard was produced by Gabrielle Emanuel.