Most Active Stories
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Muskegon Heights schools were in trouble. Then the district made history. Twice.
- Detroit kids go to camp to do things they can't do in the city
- Why even the biggest charter school supporters don't love Michigan's charter school laws
- The Boggs School's message to kids is, 'I'm so glad you're here'
Fri February 8, 2013
Special call-in show on pre-kindergarten education
As part of our State of Opportunity reporting project, Michigan Radio's Jennifer White hosted a special, hour-long call-in show examining the importance of pre-K education.
Guests of the show included Governor Rick Snyder, State Senator Roger Kahn, economist Tim Bartik, and Susan Broman, Deputy Superintendent of the Michigan Office of Great Start. The show explored why pre-K education matters for Michigan's most vulnerable kids, the economic impacts of early childhood education, and how the issue affects the state's future.