Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- What is the State of Opportunity project?
Wed October 10, 2012
Personal stories of babies born too small, too early or gone too soon
For some, State of Opportunity's documentary on Michigan’s infant mortality crisis was an introduction to the issue.
But for others, infant loss has long been a topic of worry or grief.
We have created a dedicated collection of stories from parents whose children were in the NICU or who lost a child. Some of these stories are sad, of course, but some are very hopeful. The site is called Too small, too early, or gone too soon.
We invite you to share a story about a baby that was too small, born too early or about infant loss as part of our coverage of infant mortality.
The site functions as an ongoing conversation. It needs your voice and photos.