Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- One reason Michigan's same-sex marriage case could be a bigger deal than you think
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Families & Community
Fri March 8, 2013
Inequality begins at home?
Check out this new animation by Dalton Conley. I wish there were more things like this out there! (If you know of any send them our way.)
The reason I like this is because it's giving me information I didn't have, that when resources are scarce even families tend to pick winners and losers. Then, it's helping me understand why that's true. There's no hard data in this little snippet, but it's given me a lot to think about and more questions. And, it took less than two minutes! To us in radio, that is quite a feat.