Most Active Stories
- As it turns out, it really does take a village to raise a child
- What kids with disabilities bring to the classroom
- Obamacare under the radar: former foster youth can get free health insurance until age 26
- Call-in show: what's the best strategy to help at-risk youth?
- New documentary on growing up in poverty and pollution
Families & Community
Fri March 8, 2013
Inequality begins at home?
Check out this new animation by Dalton Conley. I wish there were more things like this out there! (If you know of any send them our way.)
The reason I like this is because it's giving me information I didn't have, that when resources are scarce even families tend to pick winners and losers. Then, it's helping me understand why that's true. There's no hard data in this little snippet, but it's given me a lot to think about and more questions. And, it took less than two minutes! To us in radio, that is quite a feat.