Most Active Stories
- A tiny town in Ohio tried paying kids to do better on state tests. Guess what happened.
- 'A clean, well-lighted place' for Detroit kids to go after school
- One school's fight against 'nature deficit disorder'
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Families & Community
Fri March 8, 2013
Inequality begins at home?
Check out this new animation by Dalton Conley. I wish there were more things like this out there! (If you know of any send them our way.)
The reason I like this is because it's giving me information I didn't have, that when resources are scarce even families tend to pick winners and losers. Then, it's helping me understand why that's true. There's no hard data in this little snippet, but it's given me a lot to think about and more questions. And, it took less than two minutes! To us in radio, that is quite a feat.