Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- What is the State of Opportunity project?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
Tue April 2, 2013
Call us. We'll be here at 3 p.m. with some amazing people
Today at at 3 p.m State of Opportunity is having a call in show on Michigan Radio. Tune in or stream it live.
Our focus will be on structures and policies that make it hard for Michigan's children to get ahead. What's keeping us from understanding the lives of low-income families? And what policies are keeping the cycle of poverty going.
You can join the conversation about poverty, privilege and political power with local and national experts. Here's the crew that we'll be talking with:
- Doak Bloss, Health Equity and Social Justice Coordinator at the Ingham County Health Department.
- Erin Currier, Director of the Economic Mobility Project at the Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Linwood Cousins, Director and Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University
- David Callahan, Senior fellow at Demos and co-author of the report, Stacked Deck.
- State Rep. State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, representing 6th district SW Detroit.
Call in with your questions (866-255-2762) or email us in advance (email@example.com).