Most Active Stories
- "Rich Hill" is the most watchable movie I've seen about poverty
- Offering a place to call home when home isn't an option
- One way to avoid tears on the first day of kindergarten
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Where is suburban poverty growing fastest in Michigan? Grand Rapids.
Share your story
Mon November 25, 2013
Are you a Batman? Tell us about it.
We're collecting your stories!
Has State of Opportunity's reporting raised your awareness about the issues impacting Michigan's kids and whether they get a fair shot at life?
Did Sarah Alvarez's series from Stockbridge, and the voices of the high school youth journalists, make you act on helping kids in a rural community?
Maybe Dustin Dwyer's reporting from Muskegeon on local hero Carmesha Rogers---remember her? She took a bullet and saved three kids?---made you think, "I could help her, those kids, or my community"?
Has our regular series, Gap Watch, gotten you out of your chair to do something about making things more equal for someone else?
We want to hear about it. How did you transform a driveway moment into an opportunity to do something moment? Fill out this simple form and a State of Opportunity reporter will get back to you for more details.