Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Muskegon Heights schools were in trouble. Then the district made history. Twice.
- Why even the biggest charter school supporters don't love Michigan's charter school laws
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Detroit kids go to camp to do things they can't do in the city
- Paul Ryan signals change in tone on poverty. Skeptics raise collective eyebrow.
Sarah is the Public Insight Journalist for the State of Opportunity Project.
Sarah's job is to get readers, listeners and communities participating in reporting. Using a tool called the Public Insight Network she helps turn questions, tips, stories, and insight from the State of Opportunity community and beyond into content online and on the air. She also files legal and policy stories. She was formerly the Public Insight Journalist on the Changing Gears project.
Before her work at Michigan Radio, Sarah was a civil rights lawyer in New York and a consultant to social justice organizations in California. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Columbia Law School and the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University.
She has a wonderful husband and three wonderful, busy kids and no time for anything else.