Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Five months after students take MEAP, rest of Michigan learns what many teachers knew all along
- A fox a bear and an antelope tell you all you need to know about empathy
- What is the State of Opportunity project?
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Will better evaluations and more training help Michigan's teachers improve?
Sarah is the Public Insight Journalist for the State of Opportunity Project.
Sarah's job is to get readers, listeners and communities participating in reporting. Using a tool called the Public Insight Network she helps turn questions, tips, stories, and insight from the State of Opportunity community and beyond into content online and on the air. She also files legal and policy stories. She was formerly the Public Insight Journalist on the Changing Gears project.
Before her work at Michigan Radio, Sarah was a civil rights lawyer in New York and a consultant to social justice organizations in California. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Columbia Law School and the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University.
She has a wonderful husband and three wonderful, busy kids and no time for anything else.