Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 11 years before Ferguson, there was outrage in Benton Harbor. Have things changed?
- In a Michigan classroom, immigrants learn about English and acceptance
- Here's what we know (and what we don't know) about the use of force by police in America
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
Sarah is the Public Insight Journalist for the State of Opportunity Project.
Sarah's job is to get readers, listeners and communities participating in reporting. Using a tool called the Public Insight Network she helps turn questions, tips, stories, and insight from the State of Opportunity community and beyond into content online and on the air. She also files legal and policy stories. She was formerly the Public Insight Journalist on the Changing Gears project.
Before her work at Michigan Radio, Sarah was a civil rights lawyer in New York and a consultant to social justice organizations in California. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Columbia Law School and the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University.
She has a wonderful husband and three wonderful, busy kids and no time for anything else.