Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- One weird trick that's proven to help prevent violence in your neighborhood
- It's not just you. New data confirms economic recovery not reaching most families
- Five facts about achieving the American Dream
- "I want people to not be afraid to reach out and help someone else."
- Five things to know about early childhood brain development
Sarah is the Public Insight Journalist for the State of Opportunity Project.
Sarah's job is to get readers, listeners and communities participating in reporting. Using a tool called the Public Insight Network she helps turn questions, tips, stories, and insight from the State of Opportunity community and beyond into content online and on the air. She also files legal and policy stories. She was formerly the Public Insight Journalist on the Changing Gears project.
Before her work at Michigan Radio, Sarah was a civil rights lawyer in New York and a consultant to social justice organizations in California. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Columbia Law School and the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University.
She has a wonderful husband and three wonderful, busy kids and no time for anything else.