Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Muskegon Heights schools were in trouble. Then the district made history. Twice.
- Teaching students how to switch between Black English and Standard English can help them get ahead
- Why even the biggest charter school supporters don't love Michigan's charter school laws
- Detroit kids go to camp to do things they can't do in the city
- How does Michigan stack up when it comes to child well-being? Are you sure you want to know?
Dustin Dwyer is a reporter on the State of Opportunity project, based in Grand Rapids. Previously, he worked as an online journalist for Changing Gears, as a freelance reporter and as Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter. Before he joined Michigan Radio, Dustin interned at NPR's Talk of the Nation, wrote freelance stories for The Jackson Citizen-Patriot and completed a Reporting & Writing Fellowship at the Poynter Institute.
In 2010, Dustin left journalism to be a stay-at-home dad. Now that his daughter Irene is turning two, he's happy to be back at Michigan Radio, where there are far fewer temper-tantrums.